This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day: Just Chillin'

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day: Just Chillin'

Monday, February 13, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Just Chillin'

Horrible post title, right? I am trying to be a bit clever, because when I wore this casual outfit I pretty much froze my buns off outside. I am tired of my winter coat already! I can't really complain, though. The weather here has been unseasonably warm, and we've had very little snow. Since it's almost mid-February, I hope we're going to kind of miss a true Canadian winter here in Toronto. Though I hear it's very bad in Western Europe, especially France. How are you guys doing over there? Comment ca va dans Paris?

I picked up this really cool jacket, that is, ironically, from Paris, on one of my thrift store adventures. I adore the shape of it, and the fabric is really good quality. The tag says size EUR 36 - which translates to a US size 6-8, but it clearly fits me perfectly. All the buttons do up, it's not tight anywhere, and quite honestly, I probably wouldn't like it if it was noticeably bigger on me, since it's already fairly over-sized. It just goes to show you - never determine whether something will fit you based on the number on the tag alone. Especially when thrifting. If you like something, pick it up and gauge it's actual size against your body; you'll have so much more luck thrifting this way. I paired the jacket with a purple cami and a colourful floral scarf (I can't wait for Spring), and finished off the look with my black skinnies and simple flats. Peter was laughing at me because my hair was (rather unintentionally) having a Justin Bieber day. And I was like - baby, baby, baby, NO! Hahaha. Of course he didn't point this out until AFTER he had taken the pictures and there was really nothing to be done about it. I say :P to you, sir... :P

Jacket - Thrifted/Cami and Jeans - Forever 21+/Shoes - Lane Bryant/Purse and Scarf - CBX

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Monday, February 13, 2012 2:52:00 PM , Blogger FabEllis said...

That is an awesome jacket! Great thrift find. Also, your bangs really look great on you. :-)

http://www.fabellis.com

 
At Monday, February 13, 2012 4:16:00 PM , Blogger alison said...

Until I saw the third photo, I thought you'd cut your hair super short, like Robyn! WHOOAAAAA. Looks good, though!

 
At Monday, February 13, 2012 5:44:00 PM , Blogger Nichole said...

So cute! I love the way you styled this!

 
At Monday, February 13, 2012 7:43:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

super cute jacket!!! love the outfit!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:37:00 AM , Anonymous Garments Exporters said...

you are looking so beautiful ...Nice collection...Thanks for sharing with us...I really like it... and also lovely outfit....

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:07:00 AM , Blogger kathygomez said...

nice information.Keep sharing more information.
made to measure suits, bespoke suit

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:40:00 AM , Blogger Anita Ann said...

Completely cute!

 
At Monday, February 27, 2012 3:32:00 PM , Anonymous Susan Plus Size said...

I agree that the jacket is great, plus the scarf adds some nice color.

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:42:00 AM , Anonymous Plus Size Dorita said...

Thrift stores are my favorite places to find really awesome pieces that will add a unique touch to my wardrobe.

 
At Monday, March 05, 2012 1:24:00 PM , Blogger The Big Princess said...

love your outfit very funk and cute:) love your blog also love your pink dress:)
xxxx

http://bigisalsobeautiful.blogspot.com/

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:29:00 AM , Anonymous online urban clothing said...

Love this!i love your sense of style!!!! pretty inspiring, i laso love your plinks to sites that you have shopped with!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home