This page has moved to a new address.

You're Invited! Curvy Girls' Shopping Trip from Toronto to Buffalo, NY!!!

Curvy Canadian: You're Invited! Curvy Girls' Shopping Trip from Toronto to Buffalo, NY!!!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You're Invited! Curvy Girls' Shopping Trip from Toronto to Buffalo, NY!!!

Hey Guys,

Ever since the bloggers' trip I organized with Lane Bryant back in November, I've been thinking that it would be amazing if there was a curvy girls' tour of all the awesome places to shop that are just across the border. Well now, I am actually planning it myself! So excited!

The bus tour, scheduled for April 21st, will include pick-up locations in both Toronto (at a central location that is easy to get to, to be determined) and either Mississauga or east Oakville (location also to be determined), and transportation to and from all shopping destinations. We'll be departing Toronto at around 8am, and leaving Buffalo for Toronto at about 10pm that night. While we can't make it to all the places I'd like to bring you (since it is only a one-day trip), here are some of the places we'll certainly get to:

Walden Galleria Mall
-which has: Lane Bryant/Cacique, Torrid, Forever 21 (with a HUGE, well stocked, plus size section - though not after we're done with it, lol!) Macy's, Lord and Taylor, JC Penney, Cheesecake Factory (yum), H&M (which now has a small selection of plus size stuff in US stores), Sears, loads of places to pick up jewellery, accessories, and shoes, and many others.

Target

Dots

Rainbow

And one out of these two places. Maybe we can take a vote!

Boulevard Mall/Northtown Plaza
-Boulevard Mall has most of the same stuff as Walden Galleria, but Northtown Plaza has a T.J Maxx and an Avenue.

Fashion Outlets of Niagara
-They don't have all that much here that caters to the plus size shopper, but there is a pretty awesome Marshalls, and if you love discounted designer stuff, there's Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Coach, Burberry, and Saks Off Fifth Avenue. There's also a Gap here, and a Dress Barn (not my favourite store, but to each their own!).

There will also be time to stop for lunch, (maybe at the end of our time at Walden Galleria) and I'll make a reservation for us somewhere for dinner. Again, I am open to suggestions, but Olive Garden is one of my all-time favourites.

The trip will cost $50 (+ a 3% PayPal transaction fee). In order for the trip to be 100% confirmed, I need at least 25 people to sign up for it. If the trip does not go ahead, you will receive a full refund. This trip is limited to 50 participants. Hurry and book your spot now so you won't be disappointed!

Just click the button below to pay and reserve your spot. PayPal takes all major credit cards, and you can even set it up so you can pay from your bank account if you prefer. I hope to finally meet lots and lots of you on this trip!







Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

27 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:18:00 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I just bought a ticket! I don't have a blog but I follow many of them and think this is an awesome idea!

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:49:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Yay! That's awesome, Erin! Can't wait to meet you on this trip!!!

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:55:00 PM , Anonymous Alison said...

OMG I would give anything to go on that tour. Shame I like all the way in Australia!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:25:00 AM , Blogger Justin Bieber said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:37:00 AM , Blogger Ace said...

EEEE!! Right before my thesis presentation, but whatever, can't have everything! Calling my girls and we should be able to book soon!

 
At Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:24:00 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Need to quickly find another job so I can come too! This sounds so fun!

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:50:00 PM , Blogger Ashley Wile said...

Bought my ticket! Great way to celebrate the end of exams and get some clothes for my work placement!

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:25:00 AM , Blogger Cobehale said...

Hi there, I live in Welland and frequently shop over the border. I would love to meet up with your group once you were at your first stop if that would be possible - I wouldn't need to be on the bus though.

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:13:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this trip still a go?

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:13:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hey ladies! Yes, as of right now it's still a go. The deadline to buy tickets for the tour is April 8th. If we don't get to 25 tickets sold, then I will have to cancel (and provide full refunds for all tickets sold) or come up with alternate transportation, but I will do absolutely everything in my power to get us all to Buffalo! I am so excited! Make sure you tell your friends.

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:53:00 PM , Blogger Eeyore Reborn said...

Ahhhhh! I can't make this one is there a way to get on a mail list for future events?

lvanderkleyn@gmail.com

 
At Friday, April 13, 2012 2:23:00 AM , Blogger denise__annette said...

Hey!
I just stumbled upon your blog when i was looking to find some plus size clothes online. Im loving your blog and your sense of style!! I would have loved to go on this tour but I'm low on cash *tear* but ill be checking up to see when the next one is. So down! lol! ;D

 
At Friday, April 13, 2012 10:54:00 PM , Blogger Misha said...

Hey I just stumbled upon your blog and saw this invite, is it still a go? Is it too late to buy tix?

 
At Friday, April 13, 2012 10:58:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hey Misha,

Yep, it's still a go. Not too late to buy tickets, either. Ticket sales close on Wednesday, April 18th. It won't be a coach bus, though. Either a rented mini-van or a rented 12 passenger mini bus. Hope you can make it!

 
At Friday, April 13, 2012 11:31:00 PM , Blogger Misha said...

I'm in Mississauga and I'm just a bit apprehensive about the age, because I'm 34 (but a youthful 34 ... hee-hee)... I just don't want to feel out of place ...

 
At Friday, April 13, 2012 11:34:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Oh, hush! I'm 28. My hubby (who'll be driving is 32. You won't be out of place at all!!!

 
At Friday, April 13, 2012 11:43:00 PM , Blogger Misha said...

LOL!!! Ok ok ... I have to confirm my schedule but I will definitely get back to you before the 18th! Thanks and have a great night ;)

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:39:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you established a Toronto area pick up spot yet?

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:49:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misha - Shopping is shopping...doesn't matter what age you are, does it?

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:50:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hi Anon,

I will be sending out an email with more details shortly, but since there's only a few of us coming, I was thinking of just picking everyone up at their places. I am going to wait until Wednesday (which is when I'm closing ticket sales) to send out the email... Have you purchased your ticket yet?

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No I just found out about it tonight - and was considering it but wondered where you were leaving from.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:46:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hey Anon, send me an email and we'll figure it out... kward905@hotmail.com

 
At Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:11:00 AM , Blogger Ashley Wile said...

Hi! I don't want to nag, but we can get more details please :)

 
At Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:22:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hey Ashley!

No problem! I am going to be sending out an email to everyone's paypal email address later today with all the details. I'm so excited! It's going to be so much fun! We're a small group, so I was thinking of picking everyone up from their homes individually. We'll co-ordinate by email later today. I am just waiting on some info about our vehicle rental.

Chat soon!

Karen

 
At Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:12:00 PM , Blogger Ashley Wile said...

Awesome! TTYS!

 
At Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:27:00 PM , Anonymous Dani said...

Hi! I am also a Canadian curvy girl and after 21 years of trying to hide it or change it, I am finally starting to embrace my booty! I am SO sorry I missed this amazing shopping trip- I am sure I am not the only voluptuous lady to feel apprehensive at the thought of facing changing rooms alone. Do you think you will be holding another one soon? Also, do you happen to know of any great places in Toronto a curvy girl can find snazzy threads? Thanks so much!

 
At Monday, July 30, 2012 5:35:00 AM , Blogger RestaurantsInCanadaazy said...

Where there are other number of things which make Canada a must visit country, shopping centers in canada
shopping malls of Canada are also famous allover the world in terms of size and volume of sale. A list of largest Shopping malls in Canadais provided hereunder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home